Wednesday, May 14, 2008

La poésie est à la fois une cachette et un haut-parleur.

La poésie est à la fois une cachette et un haut-parleur.
Poetry is at once a hiding-place and a loudspeaker.

--Nadine Gordimer

As a starter I really don’t know how to create my first post, so let me try to share why I call this Maiah’s Cachette. I wanted this to sound something personal, as what blogs are supposed to be, thus I came up with this word, cachette(kah-shet) which, in French, means hiding-place or hideout. Maybe this could be a spot where I am able to write things I’ve longed to share with others, a hiding place where I could spill my thoughts, or a hideout for other people who want to cascade their ideas or any idiosyncrasies for that matter.

Needless to say I am not a good writer. I don’t have the gift maybe but here I am attempting to be one (ehem!). I honestly want to try and succeed in this endeavor (how else can I say it?) And I’d like to quote the very respected person in history, Abraham Lincoln, when he said: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. So I guess I’d say KUDOS to me.

No comments: